- Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sun block in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
- Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
- Please silence your phone while the extensions are being applied. Talking in the treatment room is prohibited as the lash application requires precision. Feel free to listen to your own audio or take a nap and let the lash transformation begin.
- We do not perform refill services on work that was not done at Rifa Studio Eyelash Extensions – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you currently have lash extensions on, it is required to book a removal service with your new set on your first visit. This is to avoid the risk of mixing different adhesives and different materials with extensions applied at other salons.
- Please arrive with no makeup on or around the eye area. When removing makeup around the eyes use a mild cleanser and avoid using moisturizers, sunscreen, and removers that have oil-based formulas. Lashes must be clean for the adhesive to bond properly
- We recommend removing your contact lenses before lash application. Eyes may feel dry and irritated with contact lenses kept in during lash application since your eyes must be kept closed for the entirety of the appointment (~1 hour).
After Appointment Lash Care
Please follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful.
- Be gentle with your new lashes; do not get them wet for the first 24-48 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
- Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
- Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.